:: breakage - post php 5.2.4
- From: quickshiftin@xxxxxxxxx ("Nathan Nobbe")
- Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 11:43:45 -0600
i have observed breakage in some of the class functionality involving the
scope resolution operator in php after php 5.2.4. in said version strings
holding class names can be used w/ the scope resolution operator to resolve
static members and class constants. this no longer works in php 5.2.5; ive
just installed 5.2.6_rc3 and found that it is not fixed there either. im
told this will be restored in 5.3; but if it was working in 5.2.4, why
remove it in versions between 5.2.5 (inclusive) and 5.3 (exclusive)?
this results in some rather ugly workarounds. im curious if anyone else has
noticed this or knows more about it.
- Prev by Date: Re: [PHP] Re: php framework vs just php?
- Next by Date: Pc Maintenance and Repairs- Tips on how to get started
- Previous by thread: mb_convert_encoding converting to ASCII instead of UTF-8
- Next by thread: Pc Maintenance and Repairs- Tips on how to get started