Re: [PHP] CSV Files

On Thu, 2008-10-23 at 02:58 +0100, Stut wrote:
On 23 Oct 2008, at 02:41, Jason Todd Slack-Moehrle wrote:
Actually i am ending the row headers with a chr(10); // LINE FEED

From the code you included in your original post...

echo "/n";

There was no mention of chr(10).

Outputting data in CSV format is not hard. Simply echo the header row
if necessary, followed by "\n". Then output each line taking care to
put string values in quotes which means you also need to escape quotes
in the data. After each line echo "\n". That's really all there is to
it.

If you're still having problems I suggest you post the exact code
you're using, anything else just makes it harder for us to provide
effective help.

Almost... except as usual Microsoft made something extremely simply bite
you in the ass:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323626&Product=xlw

It actually bit me in the ass several years ago.

Cheers,
Rob.
--
http://www.interjinn.com