Re: [PHP] removing text from a string

Thodoris wrote:

Ashley Sheridan a écrit :

Thats a lot of code when a couple of lines and a regex will do ;)

Maybe because the use of the regex is pointless here. A bazooka to
kill the fly ? :)

I couldn't agree more. Not to mention that they are probably slower.

PS Don't get me wrong I like perl and pcre but it is pointless here.

Personal choice, and yes my testing has proven that a regex is faster then the multiple function calls or if conditions needed to accomplish the same
thing.

--
Jim Lucas

"Some men are born to greatness, some achieve greatness,
and some have greatness thrust upon them."

Twelfth Night, Act II, Scene V
by William Shakespeare

.