Re: [PHP] removing text from a string

Thodoris wrote:

Ashley Sheridan a écrit :

Thats a lot of code when a couple of lines and a regex will do ;)

Maybe because the use of the regex is pointless here. A bazooka to
kill the fly ? :)

I couldn't agree more. Not to mention that they are probably slower.

PS Don't get me wrong I like perl and pcre but it is pointless here.

Personal choice, and yes my testing has proven that a regex is faster then the multiple function calls or if conditions needed to accomplish the same

Jim Lucas

"Some men are born to greatness, some achieve greatness,
and some have greatness thrust upon them."

Twelfth Night, Act II, Scene V
by William Shakespeare