Re: [PHP] removing text from a string

Thodoris wrote:

Ashley Sheridan a écrit :

Thats a lot of code when a couple of lines and a regex will do ;)

Maybe because the use of the regex is pointless here. A bazooka to
kill the fly ? :)

I couldn't agree more. Not to mention that they are probably slower.

PS Don't get me wrong I like perl and pcre but it is pointless here.

Personal choice, and yes my testing has proven that a regex is faster then the multiple function calls or if conditions needed to accomplish the same
thing.

--
Jim Lucas

"Some men are born to greatness, some achieve greatness,
and some have greatness thrust upon them."

Twelfth Night, Act II, Scene V
by William Shakespeare

  • RE: [PHP] removing text from a string
    ... Maybe because the use of the regex is pointless here. ... A bazooka to ... kill the fly? ... PS Don't get me wrong I like perl and pcre but it is pointless here. ...
    (php.general)
  • Re: How to convert "([^"]*)" to ``$1?
    ... PS> Note that the /s is pointless there; ... in the regex. ... ...m8s, cu l8r, Brano. ... Prev by Date: ...
    (perl.beginners)