Re: [PHP] Re: hello

Hey Daniel,

It seems that most of your points of disagreement stem from the potential for poor system administration by homo sapiens (and other primates who might have access to a console), but I still think that from a pure design and implementation perspective, *nix systems are more secure for the reasons the articles point out.

Certainly any system can suffer reduced security through laziness or poor administration. I mean, how many amateur system administrators respond to "I have a permissions problem" with "chmod 777 *"?

But do you not think the permissions issues with who can run what on *nix versus XP makes it more secure?

Daniel Brown wrote:
I certainly wish there were more like you!

If only that woman who lives down the block would give me the opportunity to make her say that... *sigh*.
Skip Evans
Big Sky Penguin, LLC
503 S Baldwin Street
Madison, Wisconsin 53703