Re: [PHP] Re: hello

Robert Cummings wrote:
On Thu, 2009-01-08 at 19:18 +0000, Nathan Rixham wrote:
Daniel Brown wrote:
On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 13:34, Robert Cummings <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
He didn't say it had no insecurities... he said it's hard to believe
it's "JUST AS insecure". Please provide factual sources to indicate the
validity of your statement.
Counter: please provide factual sources that it's not, whilst
keeping in mind the statements made elsewhere in this thread.

if it's a computer thats on, with an os, a keyboard and a network card connected to the internet it's insecure.

We're not debating whether it is or is not insecure... we're debating
comparitive insecurity in relation to that of Windows.

Cheers,
Rob.
that's my point, all OS's are equally insecure, the only thing debatable is which os has more people trying to exploit those insecurities (and the answer is obviously windows)

  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Windows future (reprise)
    ... any windows network that you don't see anywhere else. ... got this year's stats and compared them with that prediction. ... My main reason for claiming that Windows is inherently insecure is ... I never said migration would be free or easy. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Get into my XP box - get $100
    ... > I recently bought a new Compaq PC with Windows XP Home installed. ... > keep reading that people think it is insecure. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Get into my XP box - get $100
    ... I recently bought a new Compaq PC with Windows XP Home installed. ... keep reading that people think it is insecure. ... Where's the beef? ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Inviting malware
    ... proves that most computer users are unreasonable, ... I remind the programmers I supervise that it is THEIR JOB to make things ... I'd consider Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 ... as insecure, but are not documented to be insecure in untrusted ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: [SLE] Not So Fast: Linux on the Desktop
    ... I'm not trying to say Windows is not insecure, ... Newington Consulting Services ... hansdp at newingtoncs dot co dot za ...
    (SuSE)