session mysteriously killed

Hi

we have an web based intranet system, users started reporting that they kept getting logged out, and the log outs were happening randomly.

There is no coded any were that refers to sessions other than the login/logout and header file.

Ive increased the session.cookie_lifetime to something stupid like 6 days, it was initially zero,, I might set it back to this, I also increased the session.gc_maxlifetime to a huge value, but still the problem persists.

I have a bit of code in the header (where we check if the user has valid session credentials) logging messages when someone is logged out and from what file they were accessing with they got logged out, there is no discernible pattern, Im stumped,

Does anyone have any idea how the session variables can be disappearing?

Clive

  • Re: Design question: one big field angainst child table
    ... So there are several lot numbers for one session record. ... This design would complicate the magagement application design: ... The complexity you describe is a tradeoff with complexity to implement and use the comma-separated string of lot numbers. ... How about reporting a count of sessions who have lot numbers between 10 and 15? ...
    (comp.databases)
  • Re: SP1 has Broken Web Reporting
    ... I am having similar issues after an upgrade to SMS SP1 on a Windows 2003 ... I am not able to view the reporting pages at all. ... variable: session not defined. ... > folder and I now ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.admin)
  • Re: Allow only certain clients to connect to Analysis Services 200
    ... The problem is that per default nor Excel and Reporting Services ... Now you can program an application which listens to the Analysis Services ... could limit the controlled session entries to initialize session or so. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.olap)
  • Re: How does the Session Object work.
    ... I often use it for reporting ... The Session class can only be created in code, ... "John Hussey" wrote in message ...
    (microsoft.public.fox.vfp.forms)