How Do I Run a PHP Program under XAMPP?
- From: PHPBABY3 <shymathguy@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 03:48:39 -0800 (PST)
I am a programmer experienced in writing database applications. I
taught myself PHP and now I am trying to install it myself. My
operating system is windows 7. I downloaded XAMPP and need to:
1. Know where to put the PHP programs.
2. Tell XAMPP where they are.
3. Know how to use my browser to run them.
4. Get windows to let me set files instead of telling me I don’t have
permission. (I paid for the computer and the computer store gave me
permission to take it home and use it.)
I believe I know most of it but need to correct and complete it.
1: The PHP programs will be in c:/xampp/htdocs/LL starting with
2: There are two files used to tell XAMPP where the PHP programs are.
c:/xampp/apache/conf/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf will contain:
c:/windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts will contain:
3: I will start Internet Explorer and type http://LL.local into the
4: I have no idea how to make it stop saying ”You don’t have
permission.” when I try to change the files in (2).
Thanks for any help.