Re: A problem while testing MPEG-LibMPEG3-0.01

From: Ben Morrow (usenet_at_morrow.me.uk)
Date: 12/04/03

Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 19:08:12 +0000 (UTC)

xern@cpan.org (xern) wrote:
> The error message is as follows.
>
> Can't load 'blib/arch/auto/MPEG/LibMPEG3/LibMPEG3.so' for module
> MPEG::LibMPEG3:
> blib/arch/auto/MPEG/LibMPEG3/LibMPEG3.so: undefined symbol:
> mpeg3_seek_percentage at
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.1/i686-linux/DynaLoader.pm line 229. at
> test.pl line 18
>
> I've got libmpeg3.a successfully installed, and have written a C
> program to test libmpeg3, which was good. I'm curious about why this
> error would happen. The author's email seems broken, so I cannot reach
> him for the answer. Hope someone can give me the solution.

Are the versions compatible? What do you get from

  nm /path/to/libmpeg3.a | grep mpeg3_seek_percentage

?

Ben

--
'Deserve [death]? I daresay he did. Many live that deserve death. And some die
that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Problem with Perl/Tk
    ... You don't need quotes at all. ... I'm not sure when you want this to execute, ... Many live that deserve death. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Battle for Haditha
    ... Interesting idea, from both you and Jeff, that there should be some sort ... My personal experience of loss due to death is that it ... And you deserve a far stronger response than the charter allows. ...
    (uk.religion.christian)
  • Re: Serve the character, or the story...
    ... doesn't deserve a happy ending. ... A death on the battlefield ... like that -- it's like slapping the readers in the face and telling them to ... I keep being hit with the advice, "Don't write books as a form of therapy". ...
    (rec.arts.sf.composition)
  • Blue screen nightmare - help appreciated!
    ... The problem started when a blue screen of death appeared while I was ... three restarts would produce a similar blue screen of death. ... this time an error message appeared just as ... comes up every time before Windows has fully loaded. ...
  • Re: If you used Windows before, why did you switch or now use Linux more?
    ... whole bunch of different libraries. ... But at least you _can_ edit configuration files. ... __o | Deserves death! ... And some that die deserve life. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)