Re: Online forum source codes in Perl/CGI without SQL?

From: Ben Morrow (usenet_at_morrow.me.uk)
Date: 10/22/04

Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 21:53:11 +0100

Quoth "Kelvin" <thefatcat28@hotmail.com>:
> Is there any forum source code (open source) that doesn't use SQL database?
> My website package doesn't give me SQL service :(

This Is Not A Perl Question, but...

You can get SQL without a database using DBD::SQLLite. This won't
provide concurrency or consistency checking, though, which is why most
forum packages use a database.

Ben

--
        I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. I will face my fear and
        I will let it pass through me. When the fear is gone there will be

Relevant Pages

  • Fixed
    ... I also found this article that gives the proper way to move system dbs in sql 2008: ... The model exists where the master states it exists. ... This is the error log prior to detaching the model database. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: CREATE AGGREGATE failed because type Concatenate does not conform to UDAGG specification due to
    ... Go to the Database tab and click on the browse button next to the connection string. ... In the New Database Reference dialog, enter the details for the database where you want to deploy the assembly and create the user defined aggregate. ... I'm trying to do some CLR integration with sql server 2005. ...
  • CREATE AGGREGATE failed because type Concatenate does not conform to UDAGG specification due to meth
    ... Now register the assembly and the aggregate in the SQL Server database you want ... I'm trying to do some CLR integration with sql server 2005. ...
  • Re: dbdebunk Quote of Week comment
    ... > a lot of really bad SQL programmers. ... But SQL does not have a pointer data type or the ... > being told to design a database. ... But why is little Cindy Lou Who employee ...
    (comp.databases.theory)
  • Re: DBMS and lisp, etc.
    ... Naively implemented with SQL, again for 10 ... (1 query for the initial orders, 1 query for each order for its ... soon as you upgrade to the SQL database. ... (eq (order-customer orderA) ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)