Re: Perl CGI project ideas

From: Peter Hickman (peter_at_semantico.com)
Date: 11/03/04

Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 13:53:10 +0000

bharat.shetty@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We have a project to develop a simple application on Linux using Perl
> and CGI. I have been totally devoid of ideas for my project becuase
> whatever I thought is being done . Could anyone provide me with gist of
> ideas for my project. I would appreciate if someone points me to a
> necessary application that doesnt exist on Linux but on windoze. Since
> I dont have too much time left , really K I S S ideas are requested.
> Also which books should i read as i am relatively a Perl / CGI newbie
>
> T I A
>
> ~cryptonewbie

Let me get this straight. You want someone to give you an idea for a project
that has never been done before but is easy to do because you are a newbie?

There is little that is available on windows that is not available on Linux
especially if it is a CGI based application. Infact I would go as far as saying
that there is nothing inherently windows or Linux about a CGI application in the
first place.

I would settle for something that you understand and is within your abilities.
Look at various applications on the web and see which one strikes you as 'I
could do that, only better!' and go with it.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Perl CGI project ideas
    ... > We have a project to develop a simple application on Linux using Perl ... > and CGI. ... I have been totally devoid of ideas for my project becuase ... I think you should read Perl books for beginners then novice. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Perl CGI project ideas
    ... >> We have a project to develop a simple application on Linux using Perl ... >> and CGI. ... I have been totally devoid of ideas for my project becuase ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Yay! CGI forth interpreter success
    ... 'flow' forth is a modified version of 'jonesforth' by Richard WM ... Linux sporting kernel 2.6. ... Particularly, flow can act as a CGI script processor, ...
    (comp.lang.forth)
  • Re: Forum
    ... CGI? ... SSI? ... Linux? ... Windows? ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.windowsxp.sonstiges)
  • Perl CGI project ideas
    ... We have a project to develop a simple application on Linux using Perl ... I have been totally devoid of ideas for my project becuase ... Also which books should i read as i am relatively a Perl / CGI newbie ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)