Re: bi-directional fifo help
- From: "BrettNem" <brettnem@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 7 Jul 2005 13:53:07 -0700
Ok, so perhaps a FIFO isn't what I want??
What I want is a persistant DB connection on the daemon that always
runs.. Then I was to somehow (pipe, FIFO, ??) get data into the daemon
and it will give me a reply.. However the daemon needs to continuously
be running and be capable of serving multiple simultanious request..
Part of what I'm trying to do here is to take a funciton that requires
very fast database lookups that doesn't support the db query natively
(can execute an external script and use result data) and I'm trying to
eliminate the delay you get from connecting and disconnectiing to the
DB.. However I might just be replacing it with delay connecting and
disconnecting the socket..
As a side note, my daemon also caches the DB data and checks to see if
a local cache is available before it performs the query.. So all that
being said, the daemon needs to keep running and I need to throw data
- Prev by Date: Re: Passing entire file to a variable in a single command
- Next by Date: the X-No-Archive header (was Re: Getting associative array from a hash)
- Previous by thread: Re: bi-directional fifo help
- Next by thread: Re: bi-directional fifo help