Re: Echoing fatal errors in Unix vs. Windows

Bob a écrit :
Ok... I'm a windows guy and woefully weak in Unix skills.

WHen I run a script on my windows IIS server, and Perl script
errors (e.g. coding problems) get echoed back to the browser. When I load the same programs on my ISP's Linux server, I get "Internal Server Error, see log". Unfortunately, I don't
seem to have access to that log file in my virtual environment.

I assume this has something to do with std err vs. std out and where that output goes - but that's about the limit of my Unix
knowledge. How can I redirect the error output to dump back to the browser ?

Thanks,

Hi use print "Content-type: image/html\n\n"; print "$var"; .

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Echoing fatal errors in Unix vs. Windows
    ... WHen I run a script on my windows IIS server, and Perl script ... When I load the same programs on my ISP's Linux server, I get "Internal Server Error, see log". ... How can I redirect the error output to dump back to the browser? ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Allowing a CGI to launch an application
    ... >> Exactly the same way you run an external program from any Perl script. ... > On the command line it runs as you, from a browser it runs as the www-data ... So you don't have a Perl problem; you have a problem configuring your ... wants on your server. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Got TCP/IP connection, but no file sharing!?
    ... No where can I find that having the Computer Browser Service ... and the server announces itself on the networking using the special ... and why doesn't a workgroup environment work the same ... server) generally acts as the master browser. ...
  • Re: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Can=92t_see_a_compute?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?r_in_the_network?=
    ... Find Computer Browser ... Find Server ... Find Workstation ... CONFIG and Browser and Sharedaccess are RUNNING. ...
  • Re: After setting up the network
    ... Find Computer Browser ... Find Server ... PsService v2.20 - Service information and configuration utility ... CPSServ Comprehensive Networking Services V1.10 - PERRINS2 ...