Re: script attack

Eric Schwartz wrote:

> Brian Wakem <no@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> 'local our' is common use in mod_perl.
>>
>> http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/porting.html#The_First_Mystery
>
> Okay, fair enough; all the mod_perl I've done has been with Mason,
> which hides all that with the MasonAllowGlobals Apache directive.
> Even so, I look at those examples, and think, "You know, if they just
> passed variables around, instead of using globals, they wouldn't need
> 'local our' at all."

Yes it's best put to use when porting a load of existing mod_cgi scripts to
mod_perl. Wacking a load of 'local our's in can save hours, and time is
money.

Even so, a global my (and many scripts will have one) will not be shared
correctly between subs, so you use our, but in mod_perl it will hold on to
the memory it used after the script has finished. local our therefore
helps keep memory usage down.

--
Brian Wakem

  • Re: requireing globals without used only once complaints from perl -w?
    ... The only "solution" I've seen is to make sure all globals are referenced ... My situation is a project of cgi-bin scripts, ... all wanting to load global settings from a single 'config.pl' file. ... use strict; ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: PHP Dynamic Form Generator
    ... I'm currently reviewing a load of scripts to dynamically generate a form ... I have designed a registration form, and once registered and logged in ... I just wanted to ask everyone for any advice on this and which scripts you ... PHP Classes - Free ready to use OOP components written in PHP ...
    (php.general)
  • Re: Newbie - Variable Scope
    ... >def modfunc(): ... I think this is technically one script (not "two scripts"), ... 'testmod' and y is '*') which shouldn't be used for your own modules unless you ... I would put the globals in a third module and have everything ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: do_execve() finding vmspace_destroyed set under load
    ... > #ifdef MAC ... the scripts get pretty unhappy when they're summarily ... so there is no process executable image to return ... you're only seeing the problem under load, ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: inserting random photo with caption
    ... > carolyn wrote: ... >> I am looking for a script that can load a random photo or other graphic ... The trick is that I would also like it to load a related ... >> I have found lots of scripts that will load random photos, ...
    (alt.html)