Re: script attack

Eric Schwartz wrote:

> Brian Wakem <no@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> 'local our' is common use in mod_perl.
> Okay, fair enough; all the mod_perl I've done has been with Mason,
> which hides all that with the MasonAllowGlobals Apache directive.
> Even so, I look at those examples, and think, "You know, if they just
> passed variables around, instead of using globals, they wouldn't need
> 'local our' at all."

Yes it's best put to use when porting a load of existing mod_cgi scripts to
mod_perl. Wacking a load of 'local our's in can save hours, and time is

Even so, a global my (and many scripts will have one) will not be shared
correctly between subs, so you use our, but in mod_perl it will hold on to
the memory it used after the script has finished. local our therefore
helps keep memory usage down.

Brian Wakem

Relevant Pages

  • Re: requireing globals without used only once complaints from perl -w?
    ... The only "solution" I've seen is to make sure all globals are referenced ... My situation is a project of cgi-bin scripts, ... all wanting to load global settings from a single '' file. ... use strict; ...
  • Re: PHP Dynamic Form Generator
    ... I'm currently reviewing a load of scripts to dynamically generate a form ... I have designed a registration form, and once registered and logged in ... I just wanted to ask everyone for any advice on this and which scripts you ... PHP Classes - Free ready to use OOP components written in PHP ...
  • Re: Newbie - Variable Scope
    ... >def modfunc(): ... I think this is technically one script (not "two scripts"), ... 'testmod' and y is '*') which shouldn't be used for your own modules unless you ... I would put the globals in a third module and have everything ...
  • Re: do_execve() finding vmspace_destroyed set under load
    ... > #ifdef MAC ... the scripts get pretty unhappy when they're summarily ... so there is no process executable image to return ... you're only seeing the problem under load, ...
  • Re: inserting random photo with caption
    ... > carolyn wrote: ... >> I am looking for a script that can load a random photo or other graphic ... The trick is that I would also like it to load a related ... >> I have found lots of scripts that will load random photos, ...