Re: FAQ 4.42 How can I tell whether a certain element is contained in a list or array?

<axel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Bill Segraves <segraves_f13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > "John Bokma" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
> >> Write? Does it have to be in Perl? There is plenty of Wiki software
etc.
> >> out there, probably not written in Perl, but I don't care about that.
The
> >> OS I use is not written in Perl either :-)
>
> > OTOH, there is at least one that *is* written in Perl, e.g.,
>
> > http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?QuickiWiki
> > http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?ClusterWiki
> > http://www.wiki.org/
>
> >> So what are the next steps to have a Perl wiki? Especially for the FAQ
> >> part?
>
> > 1. Download and install QuickiWiki.
> > 2. Write a script to extract Usenet clpm postings from the PerlFAQ
server
> > into Wiki format.

Somehow the smiley face I put with my suggestion was dropped. Sorry you
missed the subtle point, e.g.,

"Please let us know when you have it up and running, John. ;-)"

OTOH, I may have misread the context of John's remarks, thinking the issue
was about *if* a Perl FAQ *could* be implemented as a Wiki, rather that *if*
such a Perl FAQ *should* be implemented. I was already aware that a well
established process for ongoing development of the Perl FAQ is already in
place, e.g., see http://faq.perl.org/.

> And then decide both on a political and technical level how and when the
> actual FAQ would be updated; or *if* changes would be fed back in or
should
> the Wiki version would just develop separately as an additional resource.
>
> Axel

Quite so, Axel. I was just trying to answer the questions posed by John
Bokma. Whether such a FAQ *should* be done is another issue, as you have
stated.

The only issue I have with your statement is that the phrase "And then"
should be replaced with "First,".

Cheers.

--
Bill Segraves