Re: FAQ .

Zeno wrote:

> It would be far more useful for me to get 1 large FAQ - rather
> than countless small ones.

You are not "getting" countless small FAQs. They are being posted to
the Usenet group comp.lang.perl.misc. If you don't want to see these
postings, it should be easy enough to add the Perl FAQ Server to a
blacklist (or "killfile") with any decent newsreader.

If you would like to examine the entire Perl FAQ, open a console window
and type:
perldoc perlfaq

Or visit: http://perldoc.perl.org/perlfaq.html or http://faq.perl.org

Paul Lalli

  • Re: FAQ .
    ... Zeno wrote: ... > It would be far more useful for me to get 1 large FAQ - rather ... > than countless small ones. ... Prev by Date: ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: FAQ .
    ... > than countless small ones. ... Then go get 1 large FAQ. ... Xho ... Prev by Date: ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: FAQ 5.22 All I want to do is append a small amount of text to the end of a file. Do I still hav
    ... Typical display of laughable ignorance by a Perl FAQ writer. ... Less than ten percent of systems in use by the public support flock. ... This FAQ writer has moved from ignorance to outright stupidity. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: FAQ: How do I make a pop-up menu in HTML?
    ... >> the kind of people that would check the Perl FAQ before posting here? ... > of non-Perl questions are often asked here, whether we like it or not, ... The FAQ we're talking about is the general Perl FAQ, ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: change de current working directory of my session...
    ... I think you may have misunderstood the concept of "Frequently Asked ... people exepcted to encounter that question frequently. ... (BTW this is really a Unix FAQ but it is asked so often in a Perl ... context that it's listed in the Perl FAQ too). ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)