Re: output of 'ps -ef' getting truncated

<dn.perl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> I am trying to grep for a string but cannot since the output of 'ps
> -ef' is getting truncated to 126 characters.
>
> my @search_arr = `ps -ef | grep -i $my_string` ;
>
> Can I do 'ps -ef' in Perl instead to get a longer output? Or does any
> switch exist which would enable me to make 'ps -ef' get truncated at
> 192 or 256 characters instead of just 126?

Doesn't matter if you call ps -ef from a Perl script, shell script, or any
other programming language. The output length is going to be limited to
whatever the ps options dicatate.

  • Re: COM+ component call with Perl
    ... A string should be turned over by ... >> with VB6) with Perl Script. ... >> How to make to call the DLL functions with Perl command? ... Prev by Date: ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Using a space in the username on LHS in virtusertable?
    ... The grep gives: ... (I removed the -o and rebuilt sendmail.cf, ... When you talk about the PERL script, do you mean that the default ... Prev by Date: ...
    (comp.mail.sendmail)
  • Re: HOW: Check string existence in a file.
    ... > How do I write a little Perl script to read a file and check for a ... puts 'yes' ... Prev by Date: ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • HOW: Check string existence in a file.
    ... Seeing my questin below and you will know that I don't know much about ... But I urgently need a simple Perl script that do this task: ... If string "xxx yyy zzz" is in that file, ... Prev by Date: ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Grep in parts of an XML
    ... I want to search for a string in few parts of my XML file. ... know how can I make a grep for string 'AAA' in the blocks defined as ... Prev by Date: ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)