Re: Combining Code, Newbie Issues.
- From: "Stan R." <stan.remove@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 18:35:43 -0800
> usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> [snipped code]
> I just noticed from your original post that your message includes a
> status (based on return code). I'm assuming that (because you don't
> include the actual numeric value of the code in the message) that
> "warnings" will always be rc==2 (so that the return code can only be
> 0, 1, or 2). If this assumption is correct, you can save some typing
> with a nifty trick like this:
> my $msg = "The Production Scheduler has completed " .
> ("Successfully", "With Errors", "With
my $msg = "The Production Scheduler has completed with ".
qw/Success Errors Warnings/[$returncode];
- Prev by Date: Re: Why my code doesn't look Perl-ish?
- Next by Date: Re: SOAP::Lite and WSDL namespace - please help
- Previous by thread: Re: Combining Code, Newbie Issues.
- Next by thread: Re: FAQ 3.21 How can I compile my Perl program into byte code or C?