Re: Conflicting children...

"Qi" <qixiangchi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I try to use 3 children to load data into Oracle dataabase.

Why not Parallel::ForkManager?

> But my script is hanging. I suspect

Don't suspect. Sprinkle warn statements throughout your code to monitor
progress. Where does the progress stop?

Have you ruled out the possibility that your script just reaches a batch
of files which take a really long time to load into Oracle?

> the hanging is caused by writing
> the same logfile by the children.

In the code you posted, only the parent writes to the logfile. The
children do not.

> I can not reproduce it. The hanging happens only occasionally.
> Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
>
> while (!finished) {
> if ($Processed == 3) {

Since $Processed is never referenced elsewhere, I have to assume it will
never equal 3, and thus this code branch will never execute. Also, you
do not seem to be using strict. Shame on you.

Xho

Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB

  • Re: Problem with several of my servers
    ... all is different between your script that doesn't work and the generated script ... the generated script explicitly passes credentials defined in the script itself. ... I've made *some* progress. ... The hanging could be due to firewall settings on the remote XP system. ...
  • [SLE] /etc/init.d/rc5.d/S01random stops the Boot procedure
    ... Then the new boot phase is hanging during the execution of the ... /etc/init.d/rc5.d/S01random script. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Entire size of page resizes automatically
    ... I suspect you will find that the document content is hanging over the ... margins of the document ... try to manually reset the paper size using page settings, ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • /etc/init.d/rc5.d/S01random stops the boot procedure
    ... Then the new boot phase is hanging during the execution of the ... /etc/init.d/rc5.d/S01random script. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Daycare poll
    ... daycares start by caring for the children of friends/ relatives/neighbors as well, in order to build up their reputations. ... I suspect few start simply by hanging out their shingle and hoping folks will come. ...
    (misc.kids)