Re: Can Perl redirect STDOUT to file AND to command window?

rcm228@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> However, I am looking for something like this where I dont need to
> print to the $tee handle:

Hmmm. I don't know if you can do this. 'print' (by default) goes to
STDOUT. But you want to redefine STDOUT as a tee that goes to a file
and... STDOUT. But STDOUT is now a tee that goes to a file and...
STDOUT. This goes on forever.

  • Re: What does the statement "exec >myfile.dat" mean?
    ... If your first ALL means only STDOUT -> yes. ... > Wouldn't it be better to use tee instead? ... Not if you dont want no output on your terminal;-) ... -- über den grenzen muß die freiheit wohl wolkenlos sein ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: Howto parse stdout without changing it
    ... > I would like to parse stdout from a command list but also piped stdout to ... I guess you are looking for `tee`. ... echo "gzip result: $" ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: any way to get real tab chars in console output?
    ... I am proposing a Java solution that I think is ... identical in functionality to the TEE utility that you keep mentioning. ... should be its STDOUT stream through a pipe to a STDOUT to clipboard ...
    (comp.os.msdos.programmer)
  • Re: ksh tee rm
    ... properly send output via tee. ... It currently only sends it to STDOUT ... rm file1 2>&1 | tee logfile ... But note that if stdout and stderr in the script are pointing to ...
    (comp.unix.shell)