Perl vs PHP speed?

We expect about 570 new visitors every minute on our web page
containing a form, 17 of these will press a submit button to invoke the
PHP (alternatively CGI perl).

Would you expect the performance hit to noticeable at this volume, thus
we should consider a cgi-bin perl instead of PHP (parser is loaded).
Perl is after all never invoked unless submit is pressed.

We would also like to store the referrer in a cookie when someone
enters the page, this could be done with PHP. Maybe javascript is
quicker (avoiding PHP parser)?

  • Re: Perl vs PHP speed?
    ... 17 of these will press a submit button to invoke the ... PHP (alternatively CGI perl). ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: How to read and parse a remote XML file with Java
    ... What type of XML parser are you using in Python, PHP and Perl? ... It would be silly to compare a Perl SAX parser with a Java DOM parser or vice versa. ... The EOL transition period is from Dec, 11 2006, until the General Availability of the next Java version, Java SE 7, currently planned for the summer of 2008. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Perl vs PHP speed?
    ... 17 of these will press a submit button to invoke the ... PHP (alternatively CGI perl). ... Would you expect the performance hit to noticeable at this volume, ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: How to read and parse a remote XML file with Java
    ... I'm not a Java programmer, and I only need a "hello world" sample in order to make a comparative table between Perl, PHP, Python and Java with Web Services. ... Are you comparing it with Perl 4 and PHP 3? ... It would be silly to compare a Perl SAX parser with a Java DOM parser or vice versa. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Perl vs PHP speed?
    ... 17 of these will press a submit button to invoke the ... PHP (alternatively CGI perl). ... And are there multiple servers handling these requests? ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)