Re: XML::Simple and utf8 woes

corff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

: Really? I'll have to try tomorrow, don't have an XP box here right now.

I still don't have an XP system at hand.

If you run the code with the -CS flag given to perl, even the innocent
print statement in the middle of the code will output two characters
instead of one utf8-encoded character, and this doesn't change the broken
output of the XMLout() statement.

This is beyond any expectation created after reading the perlrun manpage.

However, if XML::Simple is instructed in the XMLout statement to escape
all non-ASCII characters, then, miraculuously, the correct utf8 replacements
appear. It really drives me nuts.

Oliver.
--
Dr. Oliver Corff e-mail: corff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx