Re: Posting Guidelines for comp.lang.perl.misc ($Revision: 1.6 $)

Dr.Ruud <rvtol+news@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
tadmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx schreef:

A note to newsgroup "regulars":

Do not use these guidelines as a "license to flame" or other
meanness. It is possible that a poster is unaware of things
discussed here. Give them the benefit of the doubt, and just
help them learn how to post, rather than assume

Well, assume what?

Yikes!

The rest of that sentence was lost way back at rev 1.2...

(that was 2001, doesn't anybody read these things?... :-)

I'll get it back in (for rev 1.7) this weekend.

Here is what it used to say:

just help them learn
how to post, rather than assume that they do know and are
being the "bad kind" of Lazy.

--
Tad McClellan SGML consulting
tadmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Perl programming

  • Re: Redirect to another page
    ... Do not use these guidelines as a "license to flame" or other ... meanness. ... It is possible that a poster is unaware of things ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Posting Guidelines for comp.lang.perl.misc ($Revision: 1.6 $)
    ... Do not use these guidelines as a "license to flame" or other ... meanness. ... It is possible that a poster is unaware of things ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: How to in perl
    ... > me, in perl terms: ... > flame" or other meanness. ... which poster in this thread flamed or displayed other meanness? ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • CW10 is final - caveat emptor
    ... The following text is a flame that I let sit overnight. ... I had just received "resolution" to my CW10 complaints about certain ... my license has *EXPIRED*! ... and another license.dat file arrives. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.programmer.codewarrior)
  • Re: John Lennon planned to reunite the Beatles
    ... participating in the thread jumps in to flame another poster. ... place and one of the YTs jumps in to flame Yoko or imply that she was ...
    (rec.music.beatles)