Re: HTML::Mason scripts coming up as plain text on apache server

Thus spoke Adam Lawson (on 2006-10-23 07:46):

I've been trying different routes in order to get HTML::Mason scripts to
work....but the scripts come up as plain text in the browser

I have mod_perl and HTML::Mason loaded and Apache httpd-2.2.3
here is my what is added in my httpd.conf
LoadModule perl_module /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_perl.so

PerlModule HTML::Mason::ApacheHandler
<Location /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/mason>
SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler HTML::Mason::ApacheHandler
</Location>

1) are you sure, you installed mod_perl2 (two!) - otherwise
you have to enable 1.0 compatibility use Apache::compat ();
2) what extension did you use for Mason (top-) files (.htm?)
3) what did you tell apache2 about this extension (DirectoryIndex?)

What receipt did you follow this one?
http://modperlbook.org/html/index.html

Regards

Mirco

  • [kde-linux] Re: Konqueror 4.6.2 and "Connection to Server Closed Unexpectedly"
    ... progress and Konq is still my default browser after all these years and ... WebKit seems to be useful for eBay now so ... sites, I find myself turning to firefox, because I keep scripting off by ... default and there's simply no match for its no-script extension. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: Web Based Tools
    ... >> To say a little more, the Web Developer Extension does not only ... >> functionality moves to the browser. ... have you seen the codetch extension? ... A grabber spiders using HTTP overnight and gets me the ...
    (alt.html)
  • RE: windows update not listed in add/remove program
    ... additional program were installed .yahoo tool bar,broweser esrvice extension ... i later unistalled browser service extension fron add/remove program this ... caused the chang/remove button to dissapear office updates to dissapear in ... Click on General Tab and you will see a Button called ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Application.Hyperlink question
    ... > What file did you store and what ... > application is associated with the extension. ... Kurt ... >> treated it as a http:// link and opened up my browser. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)
  • Re: DOS Equivalent to UNIX file -bi command?
    ... >>and DOS will think it's just plain text by reading the extension if the ... > Windows will think it's plain text, ... The attached picture is forbidden in most countries therefore we have ...
    (comp.os.msdos.programmer)