Re: Want to create a website using perl and CGI

"AD" == Andrew DeFaria <Andrew@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

AD> Uri Guttman wrote:
AD> and did you know that you can send any format of content back to the
AD> server, not just html?

AD> And if you do the web server errs out.

you know not of what you talk.

AD> Again, if you do not send back a valid HTML header the web server
AD> (or at least every web server I've ever used) displays an error
AD> complaining about invalid headers.

there is no such thing as an HTML header. none. nada. it is an HTTP
header. please learn the difference. it will save your life one day.

AD> Technically CGI is just a protocol - practically you need to return HTML.

no. is a GIF/JPEG/PNG html? is xml html? is plain text html? you don't
seem to understand this at all.

i give up. you know more than all the web hackers in the world.

uri

--
Uri Guttman ------ uri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -------- http://www.stemsystems.com

  • Re: Upgrading an OLD (Fortran Powerstation 4.0) compiler
    ... Jeffrey Katz wrote: ... One idea that I had was to use HTML forms to ... web server. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Mixed language programming: C++, C# and Perl
    ... create having the current HTML and PNG file as its content? ... You mention CGI, does that imply there's a web server involved too? ...
    (microsoft.public.vstudio.general)
  • Re: How to do a post back when user press enter.
    ... It is hosted on a web server, ... the client browser, which is designed to read and interpret HTML. ... UI, via the event handler. ...
  • Re: Ribbon Tab focus
    ... I'm trying to think how of any of these scenarios I just mentioned in this post that could be easily done without a web browser control? ... If you understand the .net framework and technologies, you'll realize that Access Web services does not create sharepoint pages but in fact creates real .net "XAML" or so called "zammel" forms. ... Perhaps now are you going to suggest that visual studio and .net is to be dumped and all those wonderful technologies that they'd been building up for about 10 years, and now we are to simply produce simple HTML forms that nobody really can use anywhere with only incredibly limited functionality? ... So, there is no such technology that exist in the web world today that you can simply publish some web page up to a particular server without ADOPTING a particular coding language, a particular framework, a particular database server. ...
    (comp.databases.ms-access)
  • Re: PHP-Yes, HTML-No --- Why?
    ... The .html signifies that the file contains HTML - and pretty ... A php script contains both HTML and PHP code so technically speaking it's not just HTML. ... The user is getting a file from your web server, an HTML file, and it has an extension of something other than HTML. ... I hope you weren't configuring them as per your personal likes and dislikes but instead were configuring them as per the customer requirements and for speed, ...
    (comp.lang.php)