problem reading remote file.

Hello,

I have a script to read remote file. The script goes as follows,

#!C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe

$remote= '\\\remotehost\remotedir\remotefile.jml';
open(fp, $remote) or die ("could not open the file");

print while(<fp>);

close(fp);

This script runs fine on my windows machine. But the same script when
I run in UNIX, after changing the shebang line to /usr/bin/perl, I
get

could not open the file file_name.pl at 4

The remote host from which I am trying to read the file is also
Windows box.

1. where am i making wrong?
2. Why the script is not running on UNIX?

Thank you,
Regards,
kath.

  • Re: Windows to Unix text doc parsing problem
    ... however when i upload it to the Unix server through ... the same script won't work! ... You have register_globals enabled on your Windows machine and disabled on your Unix machine. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Remote office logon script - Long Delay
    ... Windows IP Configuration ... If I point the User's profile to a script that doesn't contain the ... I do not have WINS configured for the remote site, ... This remote server was built using connect computer script, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Remote office logon script - Long Delay
    ... Windows IP Configuration ... If I point the User's profile to a script that doesn't contain the ... I do not have WINS configured for the remote site, ... This remote server was built using connect computer script, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: WMI ExecQuery from Win32_NTEventLogFile in a Workgroup environ
    ... computer from which the script is being run? ... "urkec" wrote: ... as it correctly creates the .evt files for the local ... I have a script that runs on one node and copies files from all the remote ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: Remote office logon script - Long Delay
    ... Windows IP Configuration ... If I point the User's profile to a script that doesn't contain the ... I do not have WINS configured for the remote site, ... is a GC/AD server with DNS and DHCP for it's area. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)