How can I deserialize data with Perl serialized with Java?
- From: "Mr P" <MisterPerl@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 16 Feb 2007 06:20:17 -0800
Our Java team (you know the language- the one that needs 3000 lines
and 25 classes to say HELLO WORLD), using tomcat, has stored some page
results into a MYSQL LARGE BLOB, serialized. I can fetch the blob
into a Perl scalar. But attempts to deserialize it have been
After researching Perl Data::Serializer , I sent the JAVA the 8 types
of supported serialized data. The Java guy said he had no idea which
would apply. I've been trying all of them with either errors, or no
data returned. I also tried deserialize_raw() which results in:
Use of inherited AUTOLOAD for non-method
Data::Serializer::Data::Dumper::SCALAR() is deprecated at (eval 8)
[blib/lib/Data/Serializer/Data/Dumper.pm (autosplit into blib/lib/auto/
Data/Serializer/Data/Dumper/deserialize.al):98] line 1.
Data::Serializer error: Can't locate auto/Data/Serializer/Data/Dumper/
SCALAR.al in @INC
Googling for SCALAR.al produces nada. (What *is* a .al file anyhow?)
Anyhow, what looked simple has basically turned into a PITA. Advice is
appreciated and most certain NOT deprecated !
Gracias and Happy Friday,
- Prev by Date: Re: set a variable with a specified element of an array...and all elements that follows
- Next by Date: Re: set a variable with a specified element of an array...and all elements that follows
- Previous by thread: FAQ 5.7 How can I manipulate fixed-record-length files?
- Next by thread: Perl:CGI - Creating a Please wait message