Re: problem in setting environmental variable

On 03/05/2007 03:59 AM, rameshotn3@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
[...]
I am giving export command in script like
$ram=20;
system("export ram");

The variable is exported automatically when you set a key in %ENV.

$ENV{ram} = 20;
system ('echo $ram');

system command forking one more child process. So the value becomes temporary.

It will always be temporary.

How can I come out of this problem.
Any help in this regard.

There is no way to do this directly. Read "perldoc -q environment"

  • Re: csccmd not running in script
    ... I moved the code around a little so that csccmd runs before anything else ... and I get no echo. ... command to complete so we can retrieve the return code. ... you may need to use "Run as Administrator" when you run the script. ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: Why no output display when I input at console
    ... echo running $e: ... There is no output on screen, which is not like that in script file ... After you think you fixed your PATH variable, look at it with the command ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: Referencing Korn Shell Array Names as a Variable
    ... Your idea worked for displaying the output from the command. ... $ echo $ ... # Attempt to use variable array name and index to reference array value ... The issue is with this line of the script ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: redirect for stdout in ${command_line}
    ... echo "Command line is shown below:" ... # END OF SCRIPT# ... I would accept a variable and build a command line while ... echo "Temp file contents are shown below:" ...
    (comp.unix.aix)
  • Re: Shell scripts: variable assignment within read loops
    ... things) to obtain information from a command, ... echo $foo ... echo "NICs: $nics" ... the script is to be used to gather ...
    (freebsd-questions)