Re: Identify if a scalar is int, double or text

On May 12, 12:09 pm, "Dr.Ruud" <rvtol+n...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Klaus schreef:

That works fine, but I found out that a "monetary" value above 20
million Euros ( > 2^31 cents ) is not stored as an integer, but as a
double. As I said, it seems to work and the double seems to stick to
its "integer" properties, but I want to monitor very closely what
happens with that "double" if I grow bigger and bigger values.

Never heared of bigints?http://search.cpan.org/search?query=bigint&mode=all

Yes, I heard of the bigint::* modules, they construct a replacement of
all mathematical operations, but that carries an overhead and it lacks
control:

==> time/memory overhead: bigint variables are objects.
==> lack of control: there is no logical limit to how big a bigint
can get.

I want to stay with the standard built-in "int / double" arithmetic,
but I want additional control of the transition between the (as I see
it) 3 types of numerical values:

type 1. (int)
type 2. (double, with only integral values)
type 3. (double, with free decimal values)

This control should be implemented efficiently, hence my preference
for subroutines written in C.

--
Klaus

  • Re: Van?
    ... It also has passive rear wheel steering, traction control, Limited Slip ... I want rear drive bigger US van with V8 and rear drive ... Anyway heres a piccy. ... Less sad computers with decent monitor www.fatnfast.com/turbine/van2.jpg ...
    (uk.rec.cars.modifications)
  • Re: Van?
    ... VWs "corporate people carrier" and its a bit bigger than the sharan etc. ... It also has passive rear wheel steering, traction control, Limited Slip Diff, ... Less sad computers with decent monitor www.fatnfast.com/turbine/van2.jpg ...
    (uk.rec.cars.modifications)
  • Re: Van?
    ... It also has passive rear wheel steering, traction control, Limited Slip ... I want rear drive bigger US van with V8 and rear drive ... Less sad computers with decent monitor www.fatnfast.com/turbine/van2.jpg ... The VR6 supercharger kits are a straight bolt on, but as it is it does 20 to ...
    (uk.rec.cars.modifications)
  • Re: Van?
    ... It also has passive rear wheel steering, traction control, Limited Slip ... I want rear drive bigger US van with V8 and rear drive ... Less sad computers with decent monitor www.fatnfast.com/turbine/van2.jpg ... Is this spam;-)? ...