Re: Simple fork examples

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 14:43:17 +0000, QoS wrote:

In addition, if you want the script to work on more platforms, afaik it
is better to use threads.

No, threads on Perl are different from threads in all other languages.
Unless you know the severe restrictions on threads (for starters, no
signals) you may think about using them. I decided against threads in all
programs I wrote when the question came up. Even started a thread about
it a while ago, which has lots of answers you never wanted to know, but
must know if you contemplate using threads.

M4
.