Re: perl standard

"Joachim Durchholz" <jo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:ff9upn$tr1$2@xxxxxxxxxxxx
A standard serves to make the implementations converge on a common
semantics. Since Perl is a single-implementation language, there is no need
for a standard.
Again, 100% wrong.

I've got $250.-, but I'd rather spend it on this brunnette named Dani than a
standard that is beyond me right now. When did the Perl Programming come to
exist? We, in the fortran club, know this number well and in two different
ways. We celebrated our 50th birthday last year, but we also have a
diffrent pedigree with the standard. We beginn there at 66. Then there's
77, 90, 95, 2003, 2008. Does the PPL have a similar list?
--
wade ward
"Nicht verzagen, Bruder Grinde fragen."

  • Re: class sort
    ... do this with perl or AWK. ... implementation of some standard. ... inscrutable command syntax. ... complex stack operations seem to be much more frequent in gForth (after ...
    (comp.lang.forth)
  • FAQ 5.1 How do I flush/unbuffer an output filehandle? Why must I do this?
    ... comes with the standard Perl distribution. ... Perl normally buffers output so it doesn't make a system call for every ... For instance, in this little bit of code, you want to print a dot ... The perlfaq-workers, a group of volunteers, maintain the perlfaq. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)