Re: perl standard

"Joachim Durchholz" <jo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:ff9upn$tr1$2@xxxxxxxxxxxx
A standard serves to make the implementations converge on a common
semantics. Since Perl is a single-implementation language, there is no need
for a standard.
Again, 100% wrong.

I've got $250.-, but I'd rather spend it on this brunnette named Dani than a
standard that is beyond me right now. When did the Perl Programming come to
exist? We, in the fortran club, know this number well and in two different
ways. We celebrated our 50th birthday last year, but we also have a
diffrent pedigree with the standard. We beginn there at 66. Then there's
77, 90, 95, 2003, 2008. Does the PPL have a similar list?
--
wade ward
"Nicht verzagen, Bruder Grinde fragen."

.