Re: perl standard

Standards have bugs, but fellas in the know work *very* hard on them. How
would there not be bugs in that which is computable?

--
wade Ward
South Jordan pkwy

Merrill Jensen Consulting
1108 W. South Jordan pkwy
435 -838-7760
President
wade@xxxxxxxxxxx
Westates Companies
1108 W. South Jordan pkwy
435 -838-7760
President
wade@xxxxxxxxxxx

On 2007-10-19 22:28, Ben Bullock <benkasminbullock@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 11:04:49 +0200, Dr.Ruud wrote:

... The documentation is an important part of the implementation. So is
CPAN, for example all the testcode of the serious modules.

What to do if Perl fails the tests though, or if the documentation and
the
program disagree?

"If the code and comments disagree, both are probably wrong"

substitute comments for "tests and documentation" and you have your
answer: If there is a disagreement, it's a bug, and all sides have to be
examined carefully to determine whether the code or the test or the
documentation has to be changed.

Standards do have bugs, too. They are just harder to fix.

hp

| | | hjp@xxxxxx |