Re: Help: Auto login FTP modules

"Ron Bergin" <rkb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:72a1ba00-d838-4c31-b390-8ece92b06dbb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Dec 15, 6:12 am, Amy Lee <openlinuxsou...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

Is there any FTP auto-login function in Perl modules?

Thanks.

Regards,

Amy Lee

I assume you mean that you're wanting to avoid including your username/
password in the script. That is accomplished by using ssh keys.
You'll want to look at Net::SFTP or Net::SSH2::SFTP or Net::SCP

http://search.cpan.org/~dbrobins/Net-SFTP-0.10/lib/Net/SFTP.pm
http://search.cpan.org/~dbrobins/Net-SSH2-0.18/lib/Net/SSH2/SFTP.pm
http://search.cpan.org/~ivan/Net-SCP-0.08/SCP.pm

The above solution requires that you have an SFTP or SCP server installed,
if you need FTP try Net:FTP

http://search.cpan.org/~gbarr/libnet-1.22/Net/FTP.pm

  • Re: Help: Auto login FTP modules
    ... Is there any FTP auto-login function in Perl modules? ... I assume you mean that you're wanting to avoid including your username/ ... password in the script. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)