Re: Converting milliseconds to seconds

On 2008-01-15 14:56, Abigail <abigail@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Peter J. Holzer (hjp-usenet2@xxxxxx) wrote on VCCL September MCMXCIII in
<URL:news:slrnfoph3u.mma.hjp-usenet2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
}}
}} Of course there is no other way to round-to-0, but the manual is talking
}} about "rounding" here: And "rounding" without any qualifiers usually
}} means "round to nearest", not "round to 0".
}}
}} The entry is still confusing: The hint to use sprintf instead is ok, but
}} in what way are floor and ceil supposed to be better than int? And the
}} caveat about decimal/binary confusions isn't really a reason for "don't
}} use int for rounding" - any rounding method has the same problem.

Neither floor, nor ceil does the same as int.

True. But what does that have to do with anything I wrote?

hp

  • Re: file [?]
    ... I was using double instead of your int types. ... So you have to parse the Text ...   int newA = Int32.Parse); ... confusing you ...
  • Re: file [?]
    ... I was using double instead of your int types. ... But you wrote the content of these local variables to a file called data1.txt, so you can read the values again from that file. ... So you have to parse the Text ... But I will not go into much more detail here to avoid confusing you ...
  • Re: return from main
    ... alias) have been participating in comp.lang.c since February ... terminates the ... compatible with int, the ... The wordings are really confusing. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: a<=20? b=20:c=30;
    ... This should be int main ... When I compile this, my compiler reports a syntax error. ... If a complex expression is confusing to you, it's going to be confusing to your readers; either add parentheses or break it up. ... clcm@xxxxxxxxxxxx -- you must have an appropriate newsgroups line in your header for your mail to be seen, or the newsgroup name in square brackets in the subject line. ...
    (comp.lang.c.moderated)
  • Re: Clarification on something please
    ... > to someone learning it can be confusing, ... main should always be declared to return an int. ... See accu.org for peer book reviews. ... Edd Dawson www.nunswithguns.net | "Arthur! ...
    (alt.comp.lang.learn.c-cpp)