unicode via DBI on linux to sql server 2005?

I'm not really sure which forum to post this on!

I am attempting to retrieve data from an sql server 2005 database, hosted,
store and manipulated on a Windows box.

My code is running on a Linux box, and I have been given
read-only access to the DB server.

Connection via DBI is working well, but I am failing
to extract unicode data from the DB, which I understand
from googling is stored internally as UCS2.
(I can get ascii data and numeric data fine)

I am using perl, DBI, and the DBD::Sybase driver.

So - has anyone retrieved "international" data
in the same (or similar) circumstances as this?

BugBear

  • Re: unicode via DBI on linux to sql server 2005?
    ... I am attempting to retrieve data from an sql server 2005 database, hosted, ... Connection via DBI is working well, ... I am using perl, DBI, and the DBD::Sybase driver. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Error during SQL Server restore fails to propagate back to DBI client on Windows
    ... Error during SQL Server restore fails to propagate back to DBI client on Windows ... Here is the code for the error handler and set ... 'Processed x pages for database ....' ...
    (perl.dbi.users)
  • Re: Error during SQL Server restore fails to propagate back to DBI client on Windows
    ... Error during SQL Server restore fails to propagate back to DBI client on Windows ... the error handler is not ...
    (perl.dbi.users)
  • Re: perl DBI on windows 64
    ... statements in the code to indicate progress of execution or whatever. ... Start your reading with the PrintError, RaiseError and HandleError attributes in DBI. ... once you've looked at the 20SqlServer example in DBD::ODBC you will see it uses HandleError. ... There is one annoyance with SQL server: You can't have more than one "active" statement, i.e. a statement that is executing but not yet finished, per connection. ...
    (perl.dbi.users)
  • RE: perl DBI on windows 64
    ... Ramakrishna Raju ... perl DBI on windows 64 ... Start your reading with the PrintError, RaiseError and HandleError ... There is one annoyance with SQL server: You can't have more than one ...
    (perl.dbi.users)