Re: Will Perl 6 be usable as a procedure language?

On May 1, 1:40 pm, xhos...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
nolo contendere <simon.c...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On May 1, 1:12=A0am, Lars Eighner <use...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Will perl 6 be usable as a procedure language?

What _exactly_ do you mean by 'procedure language'?

I think he means "Not object oriented"

But can't one author code either procedurally or OO in the same
language?

(This may not be the authority, but):

"The most popular programming languages usually have both OOP and
procedural aspects."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Procedural_programming#Comparison_with_object-oriented_programming

Perhaps the most popular language used for OOP is Java, but you can
write procedural code in Java if you wanted, correct? I was hoping
that the OP could list the exact criteria he was using for determining
the answer to his question.

  • Re: CLOS and C++
    ... Peter, every counterexample you've come up with falls under this. ... OOP ... of sharing by Java users versus their peers is impressive, ... I think he spent too much time using an OOP language for ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Comparing Lisp conditions to Java Exceptions
    ... All the ISO standards in the world will not make the world ... Nothing keeps you from annotating your program with exceptions based on what ... language should adhere to your theory. ... Curiously, although you don't say it, Java has the opposite problem. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: casts
    ... This is why most shit programmers refuse to learn languages including ... C Sharp and Java. ... compiler in a later edition of Visual Basic, ... language for processing data. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: C, really portable?
    ... > Wait, is Java a modern language superior to C, or is it still ... It is a much better OO language than C++, ... It depends what you are doing, Java aims for rigorous portability - the same ... regardless of platform. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Is anybodys favorite computer programming language not included here?
    ... to talk about getting me some paying work writing Java classes. ... and could be copied to a script (as in Java BeanShell or Lisp PROG). ... >> please post a followup saying what language it is, ... Server: "Mother, ...
    (comp.programming)