Re: 2 simple questions
- From: Achim Peters <achimpeters@xxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 14:06:09 +0200
For the second
question I needed to save the number without the 'e' in a further
variable which later was converted to a sting.
If it was only _later_ converted to string, then _before_ that it was still a number in your "further variable", right? But having or not having an "e" is not a property of a number but rather of its printed representation only. So until you actually convert the number to a string later, it's meaningless whether it's "with" or "without the 'e'". JFTR.
- Prev by Date: Re: perl PNG image searching
- Next by Date: FAQ 3.17 Is it safe to return a reference to local or lexical data?
- Previous by thread: Re: 2 simple questions
- Next by thread: FAQ 3.25 Where can I learn about CGI or Web programming in Perl?