code written under 5.10.0 to be run under 5.8.8

I understand that one can specify that a script must be run under a perl
version no earlier than a particular version. So, if I say 'use 5.6.0',
that code will throw an error if one tries to run it under perl 5.5.0,
right?

But how about the reverse case?

Suppose I write code on my desktop, which has perl 5.10.0 installed, and
later transfer that code to a system that only has perl as far as 5.8.8.
How can I cause an error on the desktop if I accidentally use any of the
new features of 5.10.0, as I would want to do to signal incompatibility?
Is this sort of thing impossible?

.