Re: Perldoc recommendation

Jürgen Exner <jurgenex@xxxxxxxxxxx> fell face-first on the keyboard.
This was the result: news:b3em3493oqdc765a223qvce7fi9em5r6vq@xxxxxxx:

Marc Bissonnette <dragnet\_@_/internalysis.com> wrote:
Sadly, my machine here is Windows Vista (Yes, I know - boneheaded)
with my work being done on remote machines. While perl is installed
locally, Microsoft decided brilliantly (!!!) to make the DOS box only
open in a narrow window - For someone who's eyesight isn't what it
used to be, this doesn't make for great long content reading :(

May Vista be good or bad, it always amuses me how people love to
participate in Microsoft bashing using arguments that tell more about
their (lack of) intelligence than about the Microsoft product in
question:
1: the maximum size of a CMD Window on Vista is limited by the number
of rows and columns selected. This is exactly the same as on XP.
2: the number of lines and columns can be configured as the user
likes. See Properties -> Window Size. This is exactly the same as on
XP. 3: the default number of lines and columns can be configured as
the user likes. See Defaults -> Layout. This is exactly the same as on
XP. 4: the font size can be set up to 72pixel even without
accessibility, see Properties -> Font or Defaults -> Font. This is
exactly the same as on XP.

Maybe if you don't know how to use your tools you could ask about how
to use your tools rather then complaining about Sthil because it is so
hard to use their chain saws when you never even knew how to turn on
the engine in the first place.

Well, as mean-spirited as that response was - it was correct and I have
indeed learned something new - for that, thank you.

What you *got* out of being a crotchety old fart in that <shrug> Hope it
makes you feel the bigger person.

--
Marc Bissonnette
Looking for a new ISP? http://www.canadianisp.com