Re: CLPM - a help group?

John Bokma wrote:
Adam Worrall <worrall-unet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

No, not all help desk work that way. Please stop using that one blanket statement to cover all various kinds of help services that exist out there. I have worked one on so I know first hand, so please spare me the superiority complex.

So you worked at a voluntary help desk that had no obligation to function?

That's not what I said. We were not obligated to give help, but we did so because we wanted to. We weren't even paid for the time spent there (though we were paid for other things outside of the desk.)

- Adam

  • Re: Job walkout, claim continues...
    ... claiming I owe them for the sum I would normally have been paid should I ... And that they owed me holiday pay and 3 days pay that I worked ... That provision implies an obligation on your part to give at ... unlawful as an unlawful deduction from wages. ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Job walkout, claim continues...
    ... claiming I owe them for the sum I would normally have been paid should I ... And that they owed me holiday pay and 3 days pay that I worked ... That provision implies an obligation on your part to give at ... unlawful as an unlawful deduction from wages. ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Job walkout, claim continues...
    ... claiming I owe them for the sum I would normally have been paid should I ... And that they owed me holiday pay and 3 days pay that I worked ... That provision implies an obligation on your part to give at ... unlawful as an unlawful deduction from wages. ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: SP2??
    ... If you are "paid" there is also an obligation. ... The thank-you gift comes with no obligation or strings attached. ... Not true, MVPs get perks from MS, like free software. ... and I don't think any one MVP here is ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)