Re: FAQ 4.24 How do I reverse a string?
- From: Jürgen Exner <jurgenex@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 09:00:13 -0700
brian d foy <brian.d.foy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
PerlFAQ Server <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
4.24: How do I reverse a string?
Use "reverse()" in scalar context, as documented in "reverse" in
$reversed = reverse $string;
Duuuh, isn't that rather obvious?
It's not been obvious to most people I teach. Most people only see it
as a list operator.
Therefore I suggest removing it.
It's not hurting anyone where it is.
It is cluttering the FAQ, therefore I suggested removing it /if/ it
doesn't provide any useful information. However apparently there are
indeed people to whom it is useful.
Do others share Brian's experience/sentiment?
- Prev by Date: Re: FAQ 4.24 How do I reverse a string?
- Next by Date: Re: Words to numbers
- Previous by thread: Re: FAQ 4.24 How do I reverse a string?
- Next by thread: Re: FAQ 4.24 How do I reverse a string?