Re: Words to numbers

Thank you all for the suggestions. Nevertheless, I've accomplished the
number extraction with Perl script. I first build a library of
possible misspellings and convert them to correct ones. Then I use
perl to do a certain pattern search and convert the english numbers to
arabic numbers. Finally I can extract the numbers using kind of fuzzy
logic. As to the -9, because only positive numbers are needed in my
research design. So I use -9 to indicate all non-positive numbers or
cannot find the appropriate number.

Using perl to do natural language processing is really very
interesting. Thank you all again for you inputs.

William
.