Re: Words to numbers

Thank you all for the suggestions. Nevertheless, I've accomplished the
number extraction with Perl script. I first build a library of
possible misspellings and convert them to correct ones. Then I use
perl to do a certain pattern search and convert the english numbers to
arabic numbers. Finally I can extract the numbers using kind of fuzzy
logic. As to the -9, because only positive numbers are needed in my
research design. So I use -9 to indicate all non-positive numbers or
cannot find the appropriate number.

Using perl to do natural language processing is really very
interesting. Thank you all again for you inputs.

William

  • Re: perl should be improved and perl6
    ... "concatenate and print files" is not written the same way as "Practical Extraction and Report Language"... ... the former is all lowercase, the latter has capitalized letters, which yield PERL when put together. ... I mean, would it be a stretch to say, "I just wrote a Practical Extraction and Report Language program!" ... But grep is short for "Global Regular Expression Print" so why doesn't it say: ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: perl should be improved and perl6
    ... Extraction and Report Language", ... just "PERL". ... "concatenate and print files" is not written the same way as ... "Practical Extraction and Report Language"... ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Words to numbers
    ... number extraction with Perl script. ... possible misspellings and convert them to correct ones. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: adding comma seperated values from a multi line file and displaying data
    ... I just inherited the web page and the Perl ... that puts the answers into the file. ... I have to write an extraction for the data and I don't know where to ... I can hack code to make it work but there isn't anything for me ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • RE: Segmentation Fault(Core dumped)
    ... But when I started testing my perl script, ... Compilation failed in require at ./test.pl line 13. ... > official business of Sender. ...
    (perl.dbi.users)