Re: unable to delete a file

cartercc wrote:

5 unlink $file;                  # does not delete EAUSR.txt

It could be anything from the mount options on the drive, to file
attribute settings, to anything else. Check the return value and the
error if it fails, like you would on an open call unlink $file or die
"can't unlike $file $!";

  • Re: Arrays instead of files into hashes
    ... Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Dedicated & Semi-Dedicated servers ... terminology extraction for linguistic purposes. ... little script and the output is an array which I can display in a file ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Need help on AoH or array or any other think that might help!
    ... of foreach), but it will run. ... understand the issue now that you've seen the code this was in response ... Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Dedicated & Semi-Dedicated servers ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Newbie php problem
    ... Please forget the first part of the script, as I do put some extra ... accepting input, ... Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Dedicated & Semi-Dedicated servers ...
    (alt.php)
  • Re: Favorite object-oriented modules?
    ... Programming in Perl? ... developing with other people that do go crazy and not CPAN modules. ... Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Dedicated & Semi-Dedicated servers ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Date/Time module
    ... possible the calculations don't lend themselves to a super efficient ... but I'm betting they do. ... Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Dedicated & Semi-Dedicated servers ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)