Re: Pipe Between Programs

"Tad J McClellan" <tadmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:slrngts52q.2fj.tadmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for the responses.

The main Perl language program that has been discussed here is already running and has been available to researchers around the world since early in March, 2009. The code that was posted in the first note does actually start the Gnuplot graphics program running. And it does a good job of somehow sending Gnuplot information and controlling its operation. Previously that had to be done through file sharing. That process worked, but not very well.

The "pipe" feature and other features being discussed are for updates and for other programs being developed. I am going to have to do more reading to understand the information regarding pipes. It is too inefficient and takes too long to have detailed technical discussions regarding subjects like that in Newsgroup notes. If there is anyone interested in discussing that pipe technology then they should contact me by E-mail.

Thanks again.

.