Re: opening a client application from a server?
- From: ccc31807 <cartercc@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 17:31:32 -0700 (PDT)
On May 7, 4:00 pm, Tad J McClellan <ta...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If I'm understanding you correctly, then you do not have a Perl problem.
It's very possible that it's an Apache problem, but maybe not. I can
invoke Word and open the .doc file in an ordinary Perl script, like
this: eval("c:/.../winword.exe" "c:/.../wordprocessingml.doc")
However, it doesn't work in a CGI script, and frankly I don't know
enough about Windows to troubleshoot it. I'm meeting with my client
tomorrow morning, and either I'll get it to work before then or I'll
suggest some alternatives.
If you send the appropriate (application/word?) Content-Type, then a
client on Windows, with Word installed, should be able to open it
My job entails producing a lot of reports in various formats (csv,
pdf, txt, etc) and I have a lot of experience giving users access to
these formats. Producing the Word document with WPML was easy, but now
I'm stuck with producing files that I can't seen to open. Ignorance
- Prev by Date: Re: Best way to extract numeric values from a report?
- Next by Date: Re: opening a client application from a server?
- Previous by thread: Re: opening a client application from a server?
- Next by thread: Re: opening a client application from a server?