Re: opening a client application from a server?

On May 7, 10:33 pm, Jürgen Exner <jurge...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
And exactly there was the big misunderstanding. Everyone else was
assuming you were talking about an embedded document.

This is my fault. I should have been clearer. The requirement is to
produce a Word document merging data obtained as a result of querying
a database with a template, so that the user can open the file in Word
and edit it if necessary. I'm using the browser as the interface to
the database, and the client wants to use a hyperlink to allow the
user to open the document.

As you said yourself, it is a client configuration thing, the browser
must be configured to open MS Word.
In FireFox it's "Options" -> "Applications", in other browsers it's
probably some other location.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try it in the morning.

CC.

  • RE: NetworkStream BeginRead & callback invocation
    ... The dev team will file a doc bug into our database and we will change the document in the future to make it clearer. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)
  • Re: selecting specific columns with data and put it in a new sheet
    ... I will try to describe it clearer:) ... I am provided with a database which is approx 20000 lines and 140 ... pivottables wich selects data from certain fixed columns. ... into a new sheet in column A. By a loop it then looks for cellvalue A2 ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: shuffling turboimage items/datasets and COGNOS
    ... that I was not clearer in my question. ... of items inside datasets, just the order of the datasets in the database, ... in their compiled code, which would cause this shuffling to be a ... To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * ...
    (comp.sys.hp.mpe)
  • XML generation issues
    ... Apologies Simon for not making it clearer last time. ... reading a table from the SQL Server 2000 database and using: ...
    (comp.databases.ms-sqlserver)