Re: opening a client application from a server?

l v <veatchla@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in

ccc31807 wrote:
On May 7, 10:44 pm, "A. Sinan Unur" <1...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Here is your fish. Enjoy.

Which defeats the purpose. I'm /NOT/ writing a script to produce an
output file for a web server. I /AM/ producing the output file to
write to the file system.

Not to put words in what Sinan and Jurgen are saying.

If you are dynamically creating the document, you don't need to write
it to the file system and generate a link in a web page for the user
to click on. You can simply send the document directly to the client
browser *if* you send the proper html content type.

Minor nit:

s/html content type/content type/

Sinan
--