Re: edit array in place

Quoth "Uri Guttman" <uri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

in map/grep/for (in fact anytime $_ is implied for looping), it is
aliased to its value so you can modify $_ and it modifies the original
value.

It's worth noting at this point (since it confused me when I first found
out) that 5.10's 'given' *doesn't* take an alias, it makes a copy.

Ben

  • Re: How to insert StudentID from main form into subform?
    ... to modify any fields on that form..then you MUST have some field ... on-insert event will fire). ... ensure the cursor is on a field that can be modified (so, ... check where you have some code that modifies fields/control ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)
  • Re: Dual-Licensing Linux Kernel with GPL V2 and GPL V3
    ... TiVo includes a copy of Linux in its DVR. ... Per this reasoning, nobody never modifies software. ... You may modify your copy or copies of the Program or any portion ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Matlab Classes problem
    ... modify a copy of the members - so outside the scope of the function, ... function SetTotals(this, newvalue1, newvalue2) ... If your class was a handle class, though, the SetTotals function with 0 ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)
  • Re: GIF
    ... > Doesn't that logic also dictate that one should pronounce 'NATO' as ... No, the O modifies the A to sound like "aaaaay", as The Fonz would say. ... It would be 'nah-tooh' if it were spelled NATTO. ... constants away does not modify the A. ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: strtok segfaults in CLI but not in GDB
    ... how can it happen that GDB actually modifies it using strtok? ... It's not modifiable in that you're not allowed to modify it. ... My guess as to why you don't see an error with GDB is that the ... That will cause gcc to emit a warning message if it can determine at ...
    (comp.lang.c)