Re: Is PERL good for a linguist new to programming?

On May 26, 3:27 am, p.podmos...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Yesterday I thought about taking a math course. Do you think this will
help in solving various programming problems? I think that yes because
it will provide knowledge and theoretical tools for problem solving.
What do you think?

Look at discrete math. You can buy an old, cheap text and skim through
it.

I may be wrong about this, but I think that the trio of courses that
separate the programmer from the computer scientist are (1)
algorithms, (2) data structures, and (3) discrete math.

CC
.