Re: using file globs and regex

pgodfrin <pgodfrin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This program works fine (with file names f1..f8 in the directory):

use warnings;
use strict;
print "$_";
my $fn=$_;
print "File name $fn found..." and exit;

But I was hoping to be able to do something like:
my $fn=grep (/f5/,<f*>);

Basically just trying to have less lines of code...any suggestions?

use grep() in a list context instead of in a scalar context.

I don't like using overloaded angle brackets in my code.

If I want equality, I use an operator that tests for equality.

my($fn) = grep ( $_ eq 'f5' , glob 'f*');

Tad McClellan