Re: using file globs and regex

hmmm - what if I wanted to do some search on the glob?
like my($fn) = grep ( /5/ , glob 'f*');
?
pg
On Aug 7, 12:23 pm, pgodfrin <pgodf...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks Tad - works like a charm...
pg

On Aug 7, 12:06 pm, Tad J McClellan <ta...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

pgodfrin <pgodf...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Greetings,
This program works fine (with file names f1..f8 in the directory):

#!/usr/bin/perl
use warnings;
use strict;
$\="\n";
while(<f*>)
{
    print "$_";
    if(/f5/)
    {
        my $fn=$_;
        print "File name $fn found..." and exit;
exit;

But I was hoping to be able to do something like:
my $fn=grep (/f5/,<f*>);

Basically just trying to have less lines of code...any suggestions?

use grep() in a list context instead of in a scalar context.

I don't like using overloaded angle brackets in my code.

If I want equality, I use an operator that tests for equality.

    my($fn) = grep ( $_ eq 'f5' , glob 'f*');

--
Tad McClellan